Wednesday, June 13, 2012


Tool #8 Post

1.    After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.

** I did not know that Netbooks can connect to a projector.  I am glad that I can do this so that I can project and have students project their netbooks to the class as a whole on a much larger screen.  The small screen of a netbook has always bugged me so I am glad to know that this is a feasible solution. 

**I learned about the Dell Webcam Central on the Dell Netbook.  This will help my students and me to take still pictures or videos.  We will have many features and settings to choose from.  There is even a timer for pictures!

**Regarding the iPads, I am glad to know that content from the iTunes store can be downloaded DIRECTLY to the devices without having to sync the devices to the teacher laptop.  I always thought that all syncing had to be done directly through the teacher’s laptop. 

2.    How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?   I will have clear, definite guidelines about how all technology is handled in my classroom.  Since they are expensive tools, we will make sure that students understand this.  No iPads and netbooks will be used on the floor.  Students will need to be at tables when using these tools.  No food or drinks around the tools.  Of course, I will model this for my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment