Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tool #4 Post


Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students?

Google Apps can be used with my SPIRAL team.  This is a great place to collaborate on documents that pertain to the entire team, such as schedules and team forms.  In my classroom, I can have students work on Word-type documents or PowerPoints and they can each contribute.  It would also be easy for me to check over their work and see their progress.  Students can work on projects individually or in groups, and I would be able to see what they are doing at any time.  I am eager to have my students create documents.  Specifically, I can have them make forms and put their answers together.  

I can also have them work on spreadsheets and input data and then put the data together and make reports from the data.  Finally, I can have them make drawings or posters that can be used as part of an assignment or project. As part of the evaluation process, I can also have a way of tracking the work history of my students as individuals or in groups and see the process in action.  There are a myriad of possibilities on Google Apps.   

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I also want to encourage you to consider using Google Docs with your kids as well. Good work.

    ReplyDelete