Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Tool #3 Post:
1.    Visit several of the video hosting/streaming sites mentioned above. Share with your readers which sites you found most useful for your content and why.
I love using YouTube in my classroom.  I have found so many wonderful educational videos that I embed in my flipcharts.  Because YouTube has such a huge following, I am always finding neat videos that are perfect for reinforcing concepts I teach in my classroom.  I use Zamzar to convert them and then I have the video saved and I can use it as much as I want.
2.    Using any of the video resources mentioned above, find and select two videos that may be useful resources in your classroom.   I have added two videos to my blog. 
3.    Articulate what you learned about copyright and fair use. What was new to you?
I was glad to read that copyright law is very complex, and there are no easy answers.  The best thing that I can remember is the mnemonic “Harry Potter Can Fly.”  This will help me remember better.
H=Homegrown
P=Public Domain
C=Creative Commons
F= Fair Use.

4.    Create a Dropbox account and add some files to it.  How could you use this tool in your classroom?  My students do medical research projects.  Each one chooses and researches a topic related to medical science.  I can use Dropbox to have my students find data and share it collectively here.  This would be a great place to keep medical science images and have them accessible to all the students.   


No comments:

Post a Comment