Thursday, June 14, 2012


Final 11 Tools Post:

What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

Animoto is a great way to introduce a lesson or a broad concept.  It was easy to use and I can see the students really getting impressed by it.  It will be more impressive when they make their own Animoto videos.  I will have them make an Animoto video to go with their research project.  The big research project will have several components, and the Animoto video can be a good introduction or conclusion to their project as they present to the class.
I also liked the many products my students and I can make on Big Huge Labs.  Go Animate will my students and I to make comic strips to introduce topics.  Mixbook is another tool that I really liked.  I can see my more artistically-inclined students making some very nice digital scrapbooks on a variety of topics.

How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
After taking the test on Atomic Learning, I am glad to see that I have a fairly good grasp on what it takes to provide an ideal classroom situation for my students to embrace the tools of a 21st century learner.  I will continue to provide an individualized as possible program of learning for my students.  One thing that I see that I need to work on is having my students collaborate online through the use of Google docs.  I am glad that we are getting netbooks and iPads, and with the smaller class sizes we will have next year, it should be even easier to get the technology in the students’ hands.  I am looking forward to implementing what I have learned in this training.

Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Some teachers around the country and around the world spend A LOT OF TIME on their computers blogging.  There are some very good ideas out there, and it’s certainly worth looking into.  I will take a closer look at other people’s blogs to get teaching resources.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! The test is the final step. It will get you the certificate. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your 11 tools blog, Patricia. I'm glad you found some good resources to use in your classroom. Hope you enjoy your new devices. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete